Who we are
Established in 1951, IKO is a private, family run business, a worldwide leader in the roofing, waterproofing and insulation industry for residential and commercial markets. IKO continues to strive to be among the most technologically advanced roofing manufacturers in North America, and our new plant in Hillsboro reflects that commitment.
At IKO, we are tremendously grateful for the warm welcome we have received from the leadership and citizens of the City of Hillsboro as we open our first roofing manufacturing plant in the Southwest USA. We are looking forward to a long and prosperous future here.
Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values at the root of IKO’s success. We have built this company by hiring people who uphold these values at home, in the community and on the job. People like you!
We are currently seeking an Electrical Supervisor to join our new team in Hillsboro. At IKO, we maintain our own plant machinery and software and need someone with the technical skills and drive to oversee the electrical controls system maintenance. In this role you will also, implement a proactive process to minimize electrical downtime and safety incidents.
Who we need
You are an experienced Manufacturing or Electrical Supervisor with 5+ years electrical controls system experience in a continuous process facility manufacturing durable goods. You are hands-on and motivated to drive processes and implementations from the plant floor. You know how to engage the workforce as part of the team and you are highly approachable and personable. People want to speak to you and you gain their trust through genuine relationship building.
What you will do
- Provide first-line supervision, technical assistance and training to journey-level industrial electricians and electronics technicians.
- Manage electrical projects from conception and design to commissioning. Typical projects would include upgrades and improvements to electrical systems that support production enhancements of safety, quality or quantity.
- Execute plans to address cost reduction, equipment installation, optimizing utilities and energy consumption and other items to keep the plant running smoothly and generate measureable benefits to the plant operation.
- Troubleshoot equipment operating issues and recommending short-term and long-term resolutions.
- Identify root causes and recommend the appropriate corrective actions proactively.
- Participate in the selection and training of personnel engaged in the design, installation, testing, calibration, maintenance and repair of electrical, instrumentation, electronic controls and related equipment and machinery.
- Schedule and coordinate activities with other departments and divisions.
- Respond to emergency situations as necessary.
- Enforce proper safety procedures; educate employees on rules, regulations, codes, safe work habits and potential hazards presented by their work environment.
- Plan and oversee the testing of electrical and electronic equipment and devices on a scheduled basis.
- Develop, review and update maintenance instructions and schedules.
What you bring
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology or substantial relevant experience including knowledge of DCS systems to include Allen Bradley Drives, Relay Logic, and PLCs.
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience in Maintenance Supervision or Plant Management. You have hands-on and supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting along with proven track record of measurable results. A high-speed continuous process manufacturing background preferred.
- Proven leadership and management capabilities. You are confident working under pressure in an environment of rapid change.·You can motivate and guide the work of your team.
- Outstanding communication skills. You have strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Initiative and innovation. You approach complex assignments in a methodical way, drawing on your past experience and current knowledge to innovate solutions.
- Drive. You gain deep professional satisfaction meeting deadlines, minimizing downtime and maximizing productivity. You are detail-oriented, highly organized, deadline focused and you have the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Collaborative approach. You are a team player and you can develop effective working relationships across all levels of the workforce to maximize efficiencies across the organization.
At IKO, we recognize that our success is due to the strength of our employees and to that end we nurture and support our employees’ sense of accomplishment and their contribution. We invest not only in our employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry; but in the community we live and work in. To join our team, apply here or follow us on LinkedIn for future opportunities.
IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.