Who we are
Established in 1951, IKO is a private, family run business, a worldwide leader in the roofing, waterproofing and insulation industry for residential and commercial markets. IKO continues to strive to be among the most technologically advanced roofing manufacturers in North America, and our new plant in Hillsboro reflects that commitment.
At IKO, we are tremendously grateful for the warm welcome we have received from the leadership and citizens of the City of Hillsboro as we open our first roofing manufacturing plant in the Southwest USA. We are looking forward to a long and prosperous future here.
Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values at the root of IKO’s success. We have built this company by hiring people who uphold these values at home, in the community and on the job. People like you!
We are currently seeking a Human Resources, Health and Safety Business Partner to join our new team in Hillsboro. This is an opportunity for someone with manufacturing plant experience who wants to work side-by-side with the Plant Manager. Someone who is self-motivated and excited to make an impact on the sense of community, the culture, and employee well-being. We need an HR/H&S Business Partner who can work independently on all recruiting and HR responsibilities, as well as on maintaining the plant's safety programs, safety training and safety inspections.
Who we need
You are an experienced HR and Safety Manager with 5 or more years in a manufacturing environment. You enjoy all aspects of HR/H&S including training, recruitment, safety program implementation and ensuring compliance with OSHA and ARMA. You are hands-on and not afraid to drive processes and implementations from the plant floor. You know how to engage the workforce as part of the team and you are highly approachable and personable. People want to speak to you and you gain their trust through genuine relationship building.
What you will do
- Collaborate. You will work closely with HR Coordinators and H&S Business Partners at other sites to ensure the smooth people management and policy compliance of the Hillsboro plant, in alignment with the organization as a whole.
- Support. You will act as valued partner and confidante to the Plant Manager in the effective execution of the plant strategies to meet business goals, and providing feedback and support on all employee related issues at the site.
- Chair. You will act as the chairperson for all Joint Health and Safety Committee meeting, and coordinate the Corporate Safety Audit.
- Safety reporting. You will create and file all OSHA and ARMA reporting.
- investigate. You will participate in and investigate injuries and/or property damage at site.
- Implement. You will implement and monitor the plant safety program to eliminate risks causing workplace accidents and injuries.
- Recruit. You will work closely with hiring managers and the Plant Supervisor to recruit for and fill gaps in the workplace.
- Interpret policies. You will advise employee and management personnel of personnel policies, programs and procedures.
- Maintain. You will carries out administrative work involving the human resource functions, safety functions and maintain employee-related records including:
- Administer the benefits program for employees in the plant.
- Manage all Workers Compensation issues, reporting, and the OSHA log.
- Manage the budget for health & safety spending.
- Implement and manage a behavior based safety program.
- Payroll. You will oversee Kronos timekeeping and payroll administration.
- Onboard. You will conduct new employee orientation and safety training.
- Coach. You will provide advice and coaching to supervisors and managers on:
- Methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems.
- Leadership behaviors to improve communication on the shop floor.
- Best practices implementation. You will conduct research and propose improvements to determine - and improve - the effectiveness of personnel programs and policies.
- Coordinate. You will spearhead and organize all company events at the plant level.
What you bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a Professional designation in both Human Resources and Health and Safety is preferred. You understand full legal requirements and laws as they pertain to Human Resources and Health and Safety.
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience. You thrive in a generalist role within a high speed process-manufacturing environment.
- Proven leadership and management capabilities. You are confident working under pressure in an environment of rapid change.
- Arbitration skills. You have the ability to facilitate management-employee meetings.
- Outstanding communication skills. You are an active listener and a strong communicator. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Your strengths include the ability to communicate with any level of employee with respect and compassion.
- Facilitation skills. You have the ability to facilitate formal and informal training and learning sessions and conversations among supervisors and the shop floor.
- Superior organization skills. You are detail-oriented, highly organized, deadline focused and you have the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Passion for results. You have a strong work ethic, a sense of urgency and you are motivated by a sense of purpose balanced with strategic and day-to-day operational intent.
- Superior analytical skills. You are an innovative problem solver with the ability to identify problems, resolve issues, mitigate risks, and initiate continuous improvements initiatives.
- Seasoned relationship building expertise. You can develop effective working relationships with peers, plant operations, customer service, sales and executives to maximize efficiencies across the organization.
At IKO, we recognize that our success is due to the strength of our employees and to that end we nurture and support our employees’ sense of accomplishment and their contribution. We invest not only in our employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry; but in the community we live and work in. To join our team, apply here or follow us on LinkedIn for future opportunities.
IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.