Who we are
Established in 1951, IKO is a private, family run business, a worldwide leader in the roofing, waterproofing and insulation industry for residential and commercial markets. IKO continues to strive to be among the most technologically advanced roofing manufacturers in North America, and our new plant in Hillsboro reflects that commitment.
At IKO, we are tremendously grateful for the warm welcome we have received from the leadership and citizens of the City of Hillsboro as we open our first roofing manufacturing plant in the Southwest USA. We are looking forward to a long and prosperous future here.
Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values at the root of IKO’s success. We have built this company by hiring people who uphold these values at home, in the community and on the job. People like you!
We are currently seeking a Plant Engineer to play a pivotal role bringing our systems online for the successful launch of our new Hillsboro plant by the end of the year. This is a role for someone who can efficiently manage multi-million dollar projects from conception and design to fabrication and commissioning. Typical projects include infrastructure upgrades and improvements to systems that support production enhancement of quality or quantity.
Who we need
You are an experienced Plant Engineer with the drive to execute a startup plan from end-to-end and the personality to guide people through the process. You are looking for an opportunity to return to or stay in Hillsboro and be a strong contributing member of the community. You want to help build a team and a plant from the ground up. This is an opportunity to blend your hands-on expertise with your people management skills at a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and grow into a maintenance supervisor role.
What you will do
- Implement project improvements that drive manufacturing performance in speed, waste reduction, cost reduction and quality.
- Provide engineering oversight to the facility infrastructure (boilers, HVAC, compressed air, power transmission etc.).
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities concerned with design, construction, modification and maintenance of equipment and machinery in an industrial plant.
- Assure plant compliance to Federal, State and Corporate environmental laws, rules & regulations.
- Coordinate with other functions in plant to ensure compliance with all environmental laws and regulations
- Interfaces with governmental and corporate auditors
- Environmental programs/areas include hazardous materials/waste management, environmental noise and lighting management, air quality management, stormwater and training of plant personnel in same.
- Troubleshoot equipment operating issues
- Recommend short-term and longer term resolutions
- Identify root causes and recommend the appropriate corrective actions proactively.
- Implement continuous improvement activities
- Define and resolve process problems through individual and team-based activities and structured problem solving methods.
- Make observations and take measurements directly
- Collect and interpret data from the other technical and operating staff involved in order to develop and implement process improvement.
- Work closely with the operators and staff who oversee quality control of raw materials, finished products, plant maintenance, product specifications and production schedules;
- Infrequently travel within the U.S or Canada.
What you bring
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology or substantial relevant experience including knowledge of DCS systems to include Allen Bradley Drives, Relay Logic, and PLCs.
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience in a continuous process manufacturing plant as a Plant Engineer.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-million dollar projects with positive measurable results. You have hands-on and supervisory experience implementing and executing on project plans with positive measurable results.
- Practical knowledge. You have an understanding of and expertise with:
- Predictive maintenance programs.
- Development and implementation of quality assurance procedures on the line
- Environmental and OSHA compliance.
- The demands required in a 365/24/7 manufacturing environment with rotating shifts, including after hour support.
- Proven team building skills. You have strong written and verbal skills. You can motivate and guide the work of your team and facilitate discussions and learning where needed.
- Initiative and innovation. You can draw on your past experience and current knowledge to troubleshoot issues.
- Drive. You are proactive, detail-oriented, highly organized, deadline focused and you have the ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Collaborative approach. You are a team player and you can develop effective working relationships across all levels of the workforce to maximize efficiencies across the organization. You are comfortable executing projects for other people - maintenance supervisors and process engineers
At IKO, we recognize that our success is due to the strength of our employees and to that end we nurture and support our employees’ sense of accomplishment and their contribution. We invest not only in our employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry; but in the community we live and work in. To join our team, apply here or follow us on LinkedIn for future opportunities.
IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.